Admirals View Admirals View
Login | Register
Home and Announcements
About Us- Admirals View (and Annapolis)
Floor Plans
Contact Us
And like a good NEIGHBOR (NEW)
Board Members
Resident Directory
HOA Projects
HOA Documents (updated)
HOA Fees
Local School Info (NEW)
Home Improvement Services
Community Photos
Home Security
Trash Pick-up
Elected Government Officials
Key HOA Terms
Annapolis Links (UPDATED)
(9/29/2021- under review for updating)
We've compiled a list of some Frequently Asked Questions below. If you can't find the question/answer you are looking for on this page, send us a message or give us a call.
What is a "management company," what do they do, and how do I reach them?
A management company is contracted by the Board of Directors to provide such services as: Collection of assessments, supervision of subcontractors, obtaining bids for subcontracted services, providing financial statements and collection reports, as well as a general clearing house for problem solving, communications with homeowners and the Board of Directors and to serve in an advisor capacity. The management company reports directly to the Board and all decisions are made by a majority vote of the Board of Directors. The management company may be reached on this site through the "Contact Us" page and selecting Baywest management with the menu dropdown.
What is a community association/ Home Owners Association (HOA)?
It is a non-profit corporation registered with the State and managed by a duly elected Board of Directors. Its purpose is to maintain all common areas and to govern the community in accordance with the provision of the legal documents: CC&R's, Bylaws, and Articles of Incorporation. The governing legal documents for the association may be viewed under the Documents menu on this site. Please see the link to Governing Documents. The corporation is financially supported by all members of the community association. Membership is both automatic and mandatory.
What are the CC&R'S?
The Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions (CC&R's) are the governing legal documents that set up the guidelines for the operation of the planned community as a non-profit corporation. The CC&R's were recorded by the County recorder's office of the County in which the property is located and are included in the title to your property. Failure to abide by the CC&R's may result in a fine to a homeowner by the Association.
What are the Bylaws?
The Bylaws are the guidelines for the operation of the non-profit corporation. The Bylaws define the duties of the various offices of the Board of Directors, the terms of the Directors, the membership's voting rights, required meetings and notices of meetings, and the principal office of the Association, as well as other specific items that are necessary to run the Association as a business.
What is the Board of Directors?
The Community Association again is a corporation and therefore a governing body that is required to oversee its business. The Board of Directors is elected by the homeowners, or as otherwise specified in the bylaws. The limitation and restrictions of the powers of the Board of Directors is outlined in the Association governing documents.
Are there any other rules?
Most associations have developed Rules and Regulations as provided for in the CC&R's and adopted by the Board of Directors. Rules are established to provide direction to the homeowners for common courtesies with regard to parking, vehicles, pets and pool use hours, etc. In addition, your Association will adopt Architectural Guidelines with procedures for submitting requests to make exterior changes to your home. Such changes may include patio covers, decks, landscaping, exterior color changes or extensive interior changes and additions. These rules and guidelines are set up to maintain the aesthetic value and integrity of the community on behalf of all owners, and hopefully protect the market value of your investment as well. Violations of these rules may result in action by the Board of Directors and a fine. In addition, if you proceed with an exterior improvement or change, without written approval of the Board of Directors, or Architectural Committee, as applicable, you will be required to remove or correct the alteration and/or be fined for the violation.
If I am having a problem with a neighbor for a violation of the Policies and Guidelines, what can I do?
COMPLAINT PROCEDURE: Complaints regarding the community which are the business of the association must be made in writing and may be sent to Admiral's View HOA c/o  Bay West Management, 2530 Riva Road, Suite LL4, Annapolis, MD 21401, or by e-mail to Upon receipt of the written complaint, the Board will determine the proper action and either take the action, charge the manager to take the action or defer action because it is not a complaint that the association can resolve.
Complaints about behavior which is a violation of the Local, County, State or Federal Law (from walking pets without a leash to blatant illegal actions) must be directed to the proper authorities. The Board of Directors is responsible for the maintenance and enhancement of the assets of the association. They are not a policing agency and do not have the power to place civil or criminal charges against anyone unless they are personally involved witnesses to the situation. The management agent does not have the authority or power to take action without the knowledge and approval of the Board (absent a true life or property threatening emergency) Neither the Board of Directors nor the management agent enters into disputes between neighbors or residents, nor will they get involved in any situation where absolute proof of a violation of the community documents is not in written form. Anyone who wants the Board to take action against any resident for an alleged violation of the rules and regulations of the community must be willing to place the complaint in writing and personally face the accused at an Executive Hearing on the matter. Absent that, no action can or will be taken.
Are Board Meetings open to all residents? If so, where and when are they held?
Yes. Notice of the time and place of any regular board meeting is mailed annually.
If I want to serve on a committee, how do I find out what committees are active and how I can get involved?
The "Board Members" page of this website will inform you of the status of current active committees and will have committee contact information. If you are interested in volunteering, please contact the committee chair or any Board member.
What is my assessment?
The assessment is the periodic amount due from each homeowner to cover the operating expenses of the common area and provide for reserve funds for replacement of common facilities in future years. Your assessments are due on the first of the month.
How is the amount of my assessment determined?
The Board of Directors sets the amount of the assessment, which must cover the costs for landscaping, management, utilities, etc.  Assessments also provide reserve funds for replacement of large-capital items such as the gazebo, footbridge, sidewalks, fences and asphalt in the alleyways.  For further information, please see Article VI of the Declaration of Covenants, which may be viewed under the Documents menu on this site.
Will my assessment go up?
There is no hard-and-fast rule.  The Board of Directors may approve an increased budget to cover increased operating costs and reserve funds requirements.
What happens if I don't pay my assessment?
The maintenance and management services incurred by the Association are dependent upon timely receipt of the assessments due from each homeowner. Late payments will result in a late charge as assessments are due on the first of the month. In addition, the CC&R's allows the Association to charge late charges and interest and proceed with a lien on your property, or foreclosure proceeding for nonpayment of assessments.